Sunday, March 20, 2011

Piano Skeleton

My elbows and my lungs agree,
I hold a newborn the same way I hold my breath.

Days can pass by the hundreds but seconds are only measured in fireworks;
I can't see the castle from here, but the moon was brighter than ever last night and so were your eyes.

It's okay if you leave me shattered on the floor someday as long as my pieces are stained with your fingerprints,
I think my fingerprints would be more natural printed on your ribs than on the ivory keys.

You will soon figure out that I can tiptoe down the stairs in the dark of night
and I can leave a whisper hanging like a dead man.
I can dive under the water without making a splash.
But look how I make a ripple
every
time.

The day was sunny March, but I know you felt me shaking under your hands.

3 comments: